Tofu Scramble (à la Dugas)
- nonstick skillet (I recommend the Ninja NeverStick skillet)
Light Cashew Cream
- 1/4 cup cashew powder
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 block firm tofu 14-16oz
- 2.5 tsp scramble seasoning @chefskyemichael recipe
- White pepper
- Scallions (optional, if you have them)
- Whisk cashew powder and plant milk in a small bowl to make a thin cashew cream, set aside. Crumble tofu into non-stick skillet over medium heat, add scramble seasoning and gently stir to coat the tofu. Cook for just a few minutes, then add cashew cream, stir, and turn off heat. Sprinkle on a generous amount of white pepper and a small amount of salt to taste (à la Dugas !).
A hearty staple of the plant-based lifestyle. The biggest change to tofu scramble in the last 10 years is to hit that slightly creamy consistency of modern scrambled eggs (some consider it French-cuisine inspired). My version uses cashew powder and is just delightful.
What makes this scramble à la Dugas ? White pepper and a creamy consistency! Make sure you use a very good brand of kala namak (Indian black salt) for unbeatable flavor.
How-To Reheat Tofu Scramble
Bon appetit !